Quote of the day:
“They say you’ve learned a foreign language when you start dreaming it. A film actor must be able to dream another person’s dreams before he can call that character his own.”
Michael Caine is a highly revered English actor, with an extensive acting career, which spans more than 70 years and includes appearances in more than 100 films.
His most recent work includes performances in blockbuster movies like The Dark Knight Trilogy, The Children of Men (2006), The Prestige (2006), Inception (2010), Interstellar (2014) and Kingsmen: The Secret Service (2014). But this is only the tip of the massive iceberg that is Michael Caine’s career. His career highlights also include:
• An Academy Award nomination for his role in The Italian Job (1969)
• An Academy Award nomination for his role in Sleuth (1972)
• An Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in Woody Allen’s Hannah and Her Sisters (1986)
• A Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in Educating Rita (1983)
• An Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Cider House Rules (1998)
Add this to starring roles in films like Zulu (1964), Get Carter (1971), Little Voice (1998) and Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002) and it’s little wonder why Michael Caine is considered an iconic actor in Britain and around the world.